Today I’m going to tell you about bananas! Personally, I love bananas, and I usually have one before I go to bed if I’m still hungry. I heard that they help make you sleepy! Well, today I’m going to test that theory. I’ve been doing some research, and here are 20 facts about this amazing fruit.
- There are about five different species of bananas. The Cavendish banana, the plantain banana, the Saba banana, the Musa acuminata, and the Musa balbisiana banana.
- In Mecca California, there is a Banana Club Museum.
- Potassium, magnesium, fiber, protein, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12 all reside in a banana peel.
- If you rub the inside of a banana peel on your teeth for a few minutes every night, for a couple of weeks, it can naturally whiten your teeth.
- Mashed banana with a tablespoon of heavy cream and honey makes a great conditioner that helps get rid of dry, and damaged hair.
- To help cure a headache, rubbing a banana peel on your forehead helps.
- A way to polish leather shoes is to rub the inside of a banana peel on the shoe.
- Songs have been written about bananas more often than other fruits.
- In India, a man once ate 81 bananas in half an hour.
- Technically, bananas are actually berries.
- A cluster of bananas are called a hand.
- A single banana is called a finger.
- The banana split was invented in 1904 by David Evans Strickler.
- You can eat a banana peel if it’s cooked.
- According to research, bananas can help lower the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and even some kinds of cancer.
- The banana species Gros Michel went extinct in 1965 due to a fungal disease called Panama.
- Bananas are at risk of going extinct, due to another Panama disease. If it infects one variety, it can infect all of them.
- Bananas actually help boost your cheerfulness, and can elevate your mood, due to tryptophan, which is an amino acid that converts to serotonin, which boosts your cheerfulness when you have lots in your brain.
- There are actually over 1000 kinds of banana plants in the world today, but most are disgusting.
- Since bananas have high contents of potassium and magnesium, which naturally relax muscles, bananas do help you sleep! 🙂
There you are! 20 facts about bananas! As it turns out, they do help you sleep! I hope you all enjoyed and learned something from this post!
Do you know any fun facts about fruit? What is your favourite fruit?
Facts and information gathered from: