Life is short. You’ve probably heard that a million times. It’s getting kind of cheesy, and it’s a bit of a cliche. But it’s 100 percent true, besides the fact that humans can live for 100 years, which is quite a long time. So life may not be too short. But for 100 percent of my life, I want to do what I want to do, and have fun doing it. Some things in life make you cringe, laugh, cry, scream, yell, smile, and in life you have to make some pretty devastating choices. But having things like books, movies, family, friends, can help you get through tough times. Lets face it: Humans are not 100 percent flawless. We all have challenges, triumphs, embarrassments. We can’t change that. In 100 years, humans have developed new technology, new concepts, new discoveries, and new failures. New goals. So instead of sharing my goals, I’m going to share my non-goals, if that’s a thing. What do I never hope to do before I die? Okay, Here we go…
- I hope I never have to witness anything violent. Right now, our world has been having mass shootings, and I see reports on the news about murders and stabbings, assaults. It’s unbelievable that some kids witness violence in their own house! That can effect their learning and their brain. People get traumatized, and too scared to even leave their bed during the day in fear of something bad happening. Our world is better than this, and I hope neither me, or anyone else has to witness anything violent. I know this a big non-goal, and it’s probably not possible, because these things happen every day, but I want at least for it to not happen as often, or for witnesses of these things to know that they are not alone, and it will get better.
- I hope I never have to wait in a lineup for an hour or more. I mean, waiting is fine. But not for an hour. What would I even be waiting for? Driving in a car, waiting to get to your destination is a whole different story. But waiting in a line? No, no, nope. First of all, you have to stand. Second, the people around you are usually very loud, so you can’t read while waiting, and if you go on your phone it makes you look bad(In my opinion, I don’t really know why). You are stuck when you’re in a long lineup. So I hope I never have to wait in an hour long lineup. Oh, and waiting in the ferry line? THE worst. I could go on and on about ferry line ups, but I’m assuming you’re just nodding your head and saying ‘yeah yeah, get on with it.’ So lets continue to the next non-goal…
- I hope I never drink spoiled milk. First thing you should know about me before I continue my lecture, is that I only drink almond milk. My sister is lactose intolerant, so we don’t have any cows milk in the house. I’m fine, I can drink cows milk, but personally I think it tastes weird. Because I’m so used to almond milk. BUT, almond milk can go bad. So I hope I never drink bad/spoiled milk. Would it taste weird? Gross? I don’t want to find out…
- I hope I never get lost in the woods. When I’m by myself. If I got lost with someone else, I’d be fine, but being alone is just freaky. Meaning I would start freaking out. I remember in grade 5 a guy came in and taught us how to build a lean-to shelter in the woods. Would I have to make one of those? Just wondering what would happen and if I’d stay in the forest overnight gives me the heebie jeebies.
- I hope I never get stuck in elevator. I can’t see what’s going on outside of the elevator, I don’t know if people are trying to help me, and I don’t know how long I’ll be stuck in there. Plus elevators are boring. Unless I’m in a glass elevator. I could look out and secretly spy on people. Or I could be scared to death because the glass box I’m sitting in could explode any minute. Well, if the glass elevator is overlooking the city then I could smash the walls and climb out, but that puts me at risk of dying. I think I’d just wait.
Thank you so much for reading this post! Do you have any non-goals? What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator, or lost in the woods?